Sunday Morning Meditation with Hugh, 10:30am to noon
Tenleytown, NW DC. Class is being held held virtually.
Hugh’s Sunday morning meditation group in Tenleytown, Washington, DC is for many an oasis in a busy week. It includes two periods of guided meditations, mindful movement between sittings, and time at the end of the session to focus on a particular area of sitting or daily-life practice.
Insight meditation cultivates our natural wisdom and compassion. Meditation practice develops concentration, which allows us to calm and steady the mind.
- Newcomers to meditation and long time practitioners are welcome to attend IMCW classes. Chairs are always provided or you may bring your sitting gear.
- No registration necessary – offered on a donation basis.
Insight Meditation Community of Washington
Monday Evening Meditation in Takoma Park, 7:00-8:30 pm
with Geoff Maxson, Linda Naini and Rebecca Hines
Seekers Church, 276 Carroll Street, NW, Takoma Park, 20012
Offered online with a hybrid in-person option coming soon. Visit IMCW’s website for details to connect to Zoom. We rotate teachers each week. Rebecca teaches 1-2 Mondays each month, typically the 3rd Monday most months.
Learn to meditate or deepen your meditation practice in a warm, kind, and supportive community. We meditate together and explore diverse aspects of insight (vipassana) meditation and related practices. The weekly group is drop-in (no registration) and donation-based. Led by a rotating group of teachers as well as occasionally peer-led sessions.
This class serves as an introduction to the practices of awareness and compassion that are the heart of the IMCW community. It also offers support and ongoing teachings to students.
Newcomers to meditation and long time practitioners are welcome to attend IMCW classes. Chairs are always provided or you may bring your sitting gear.
This venue is accessible for those with mobility impairments.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, next course not scheduled.
Silver Spring, MD.
- Evidence-based eight week course to learn skills that reduce physical and emotional stress and enhance ease and well-being.
- Powerful methods for reducing stress and learning to actively participate in your health and well-being.
- Learn to mobilize your mind and body to take charge of your life and cope more effectively with life’s stressors.
- Click here for a one page flyer – and here for background on MBSR.
- Cost is $550, and includes all course supplies and the full day retreat.
- A deposit of $250 is requested at the time of registration. You are welcome to spread out the cost of the course into multiple payments. When you register, select the “Flexible Payment” option and reduce the deposit.