Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. Eight classes, Saturdays from October 7–December 9 from 2:00–4:30 pm, (2:00–5:00 pm on first/last day), plus a full day retreat on Sunday, November 19. No class November 25. Location: Blue Heron Wellness, Silver Spring, MD.
- Evidence-based eight week course that teaches skills to reduce physical and emotional stress and enhance day-to-day well-being.
- Powerful methods for reducing stress and learning to actively participate in your health and well-being.
- Learn to mobilize your mind and body to take charge of your life and cope more effectively with life’s stressors.
- Click here for a one page flyer – and here for background on MBSR.
- To receive the registration form, email us.
Sunday Morning Meditation with Hugh, 10:30am to noon.
The Center for Mindful Living, Tenleytown, NW DC.
Hugh’s Sunday morning meditation group in Tenleytown, Washington, DC is for many an oasis in a busy week. It includes two periods of guided meditations, mindful movement between sittings, and time at the end of the session to focus on a particular area of sitting or daily-life practice.
Insight meditation cultivates our natural wisdom and compassion. Meditation practice develops concentration, which allows us to calm and steady the mind.
- Newcomers to meditation and long time practitioners are welcome to attend IMCW classes. Chairs are always provided or you may bring your sitting gear.
- No registration necessary – offered on a donation basis.
Tuesday Evening Meditation with Rebecca, 6:30-7:30 pm.
Blue Heron Wellness, Silver Spring, MD.
This class offers instruction and guidance in the practice of mindfulness meditation and teachings of awareness and compassion.
- We focus on practices that support opening to life and finding freedom in the midst of daily life.
- Brief gentle movement also included to reduce tension in the body.
- Suited for beginners to meditation as well as offering support for experienced practitioners wishing to deepen their practice.
- All are welcome. Offered on a donation basis.